Uses for our products
Thank you for your support. We have sent out plenty of fresh fruit, compote and cordials all made from products grown on our family organic farm.
As you know you can use our Mayonchid or Marian Plum Compote on yoghurt, pancakes, toast or ice cream. It also makes a great sauce and can be used to make a moist cake. We have included the recipes here.
Mayongchid almond cake
- 2 cups / 500 ml mayongchid compote
- 2 cups / 500 ml almond flour
- 2 teaspoons / baking powder
- 5 eggs
- Preheat oven to 180°C (170°C fan)
- Blend compote into a puree
- Add almond flour and baking powder mix thoroughly
- Add 1 egg at a time to blend
- Pour into a pan oiled papered or non stick. Bake for an hour until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Rest in pan for 10 minutes
Enjoy with marscapone or whipped cream and more mayongchit compote
Mayongchid Sri racha Sauce
Marian Plum is a plum so try this refreshing variation on a sauce.... great with a wide variety of food.
- 4 Table Spoons of mayongchid compote
- 1 tablespoon of Sri racha Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of Soya Sauce
- Ground black pepper
- in a small bowl mix the ingredients to a smooth sauce
- Add some black pepper to taste
Enjoy with seafood, pork, chicken, or our favourite smoked duck